Safety Missions and Certifications
Terrafirma believes in a behavioral based approach to safety. We understand the importance of ensuring that employees and contractors have the information, necessary qualifications, experience and field level training to complete work safely and efficiently.
Terrafirma is dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment through promotion of the philosophy that “Safety Is Everyone’s Responsibility”. Through promoting the following safety leadership principles including:
- Everyone is responsible for their safety and the safety of others, we must look after one another on the worksite.
- All individuals have the right and responsibility to refuse unsafe work and will not perform or permit an unsafe act.
- Encouraging and reinforcing safe work behaviors through observation, teamwork and effective mentoring strategies.
- Required participation in hazard assessment strategies including identifying, prioritizing, controlling and communicating potential or existing hazards and controls to all individuals involved in the work.
- Commitment to safety as a way of life both on and off the worksite
Our company has a stringent on boarding and orientation process (including Common Safety Orientation(CSO)) with a focus of on the job training to achieve competency. We understand the importance of supporting individuals and ensuring the appropriate resources are available to encourage a positive safety culture. Our highest priority is to maintain a safe work environment for our employees, contractors, clients and members of the public.
Terrafirma possesses several safety certifications, qualifications and memberships including:
- COR (Certification of Recognition)
- ACSA (Alberta Construction Safety Association) member since 2000
- BC Safety Authority Certification
- Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR) program member
- Terrafirma is also been prequalified and is a member of external databases including ISNetworld, Avetta and Complyworks.